Table of Contents
How to Apply for the MOBC Scholarship Manipur? Step by Step Guide-2021
What is MOBC Scholarship Manipur?
MOBC is a scholarship scheme which is initiated by the Government to provide scholarship for OBCs, SC and Minority students to help them in continuing their education. Students from Class-1 to Post Graduate can avail this scholarship. Students belonging to OBCs and minority can avail this scholarship by applying online through the mobc portal. You can follow the step by step procedure as mentioned below in the article.
Types of Scholarship
Students can apply for the MOBC Scholarship Manipur online through the official mobc website : https://osmsmanipur.
Below are the types where you can apply for the scholarship if you’re in the following categories.
- OBC SCHOLARSHIP : OBC Students can avail this Scholarship in two different category i.e. Pre-Matric and Post- Matric Scholarship. Class I to class X students whose total annual family income is less than or equal to Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum falls under Pre-Matric category. Students who have completed matriculation and pursuing higher studies, and whose total annual family income is less than or equal to Rs. 1.5 lakh per annum falls under Post-Matric category.
- SC Scholarship : SC Students can avail this Scholarship in two different category i.e. Pre-Matric and Post- Matric Scholarship. Class IX & X students whose total annual family income is less than or equal to Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum falls under Pre-Matric category. Students who have completed matriculation and pursuing higher studies and whose total annual family income is less than or equal to Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum falls under Post-Matric category.
- Economically Backward Classes Scholarship : This scholarship is availed by Govt. School/College/University students belonging to General Category (other than SC,ST and OBC), who have completed matriculation or pursuing higher studies. Their total annual family income should be less than or equal to Rs. 1 lakh per annum.
Lists of Documents required to be uploaded with the application form
- Photo and signature of the Candidate : Candidate should upload his/her scan image; recent passport size photograph [File size not more than 50KB size and resolution up to 250*250 pixel for photo and 140*60 pixel and must be “.jpg” or “.jpeg” or “.png” format].
- Income certificate : Income certificate of father/mother/guardian/husband ending 31st March of the current year in original issued by the competent authorities/executive magistrates. The present income ceiling for entitlement of the scheme as prescribed by the sponsoring Ministry is
(i) 1 lakh per annum for Economically Backward Classess (Post-Matric).
(ii) 1.5 lakh per annum for Other Backward Classess (Post-Matric) and 2.5 lakh per annum for Other Backward Classess (Pre-Matric)
(iii) 2.5 lakh per annum for Scheduled Caste (Post-Matric) and 2.5 lakh per annum for Scheduled Caste (Pre-Matric)
- Scholarship Scheme Certificate : OBC,SC certificate of the applicant issued by the competent authorities/executive magistrates. (scan copy of Original/self attested)
- Marksheets/ Admit Cards : Applicant need to upload previous year marksheets/Admit cards together in a single pdf file (in Original/self-attested).
- Aadhaar Card : Applicant need to upload scan copy of Aadhaar card (In Original/self attested).
- Date of Birth certificate : Upload class X certificate for Post-Matric and for Pre-Matric, Date of Birth certificate issued by the competent authorities/executive magistrates (in Original/self attested).
- Bank authorization letter : Applicant must download Authorization letter for bank from here Authorization letter
- Institute verification form : Applicant must download Institute verification form from here Institute verification form
Step by Step Procedure to Apply for MOBC Scholarship Manipur online
Before filling up the application, make sure you read the instructions well and then proceed with the steps.
Step 1. Visit the official mobc website: https://osmsmanipur.in/. At the bottom, check the terms and conditions box and click on proceed to application.
Step 2. Once you click on proceed, it will take you the registration page. If you’re first user, click on new registration option or if you’ve already applied before, you can click on conitnuation option. The same steps will be followed but I’ll share you the new registration steps.
Step 3. Click on the New Registration options and it will take you to the application form.
Fill up your aadhar card, email and mobile number and click on the generate OTP.
Step 4. You’ll receive the OTP to your mobile number. Input the OTP and click on verify. It will lead you to application form.
Step 5. Fill up all the details correctly and make sure you do not leave any data.
Once you filled up all your data and information, click on Next.
Step 6. Once you click on Next, it will take you to fill up your academic details.
Fill up all the details correctly and upload the required documents. For those students who are pursuing Ph.d, they should provide non-stipend certificate from their respective institute/University, if they fail to provide the certificate they are not eligible. At last, tick on the declare options and click on Submit.
Now, your application has been successfully submitted and waiting for approval. You can login and check regularly if your application has been approved. After the submission you can view all the information provided. In case if any, information has been filled incorrectly, you can click on the Steps and rectify the incorrect information. Then proceed as usual.
Also an SMS alert will be forwarded to your registered number.
So, here is the step by step procedure to apply for the MOBC Scholarship Manipur online. The steps are quite simple. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully and double check all the details you’ve filled to avoid rejection.
- MOBC Scholarship Manipur Form can be filled-up by SINGLE TIME LOG-IN or RE-VISIT/RE-REGISTRION Process. Please read the Instruction carefully and prepared the pre-requisite before filling up the online form.
- Incomplete entries, wrong entries, Over income, double applications, non-furnishing of the required certificate and documents, and absence of Head of Institution’s signature on Institute Verification Form will be rejected.
- Students, who are applying for new course or who want to change their course, they should apply the scholarship in the Fresh Category. If applied in Renewal Category, application will be rejected. Every first year of a course (no matter he/she got the scholarship in the previous year) should apply the scholarship as “FRESH”.
Please make sure you remember or note down your registration ID for login your account for further renewal process. Updates will be posted on the website. So, please keep visiting the website for any updates.
FAQ for MOBC Scholarship Manipur
How to check whether your Institute is registered or not on Online Scholarship Management System (OSMS)?
How to register Institute on Online Scholarship Management System (OSMS)?
Go to Official Website: www.manipurobcsc.gov.in and click on “Online Scholarship
Management System”. In General Instruction page, you can find a link Form under Online Scholarship Management System“, “Institute Registration from that link you can download Institute
Registration Form. Kindly submit the duly filled inFormwith required documents to this
Directorate for registration of the unregistered Institutes and to obtain User Credentials (Log In &
Password in registered mobile number through SMS) of the Institutes for online verification on the
What are the documents required in registering of OBC/SC/EBC Scholarship on Online Scholarship Management System (OSMS)?
1. Scholarship Scheme Certificate, 2. Marksheets, 3. Admit Cards, 4. Aadhaar Card, 5. Date of birth certificate, 6. Bank authorization letter & Institute verification form.
All the required documents should be scanned and self-attested in “.pdf” format with 200 kb size
How to rectify the defected scholarship application by the students?
You can login to the MOBC website and can change/rectify your details which you’ve filled earlier. In case of documents or photo uploaded, you can re-upload the documents again and it will replace with the updated/corrected documents.
Other similar posts : How to Register or Renew Employment Exchange in Manipur Online?