Recruiting Junior Associates for Value Chain Study-8 posts
Recruiting Junior Associates for a Value Chain Study in Eight Districts
Last Date: 25th March 2023
Overview: MaolKeki Foundation is a pioneering organization established with the purpose of catalyzing positive development in Manipur, India. The Foundation has trained around 2,000 farmers in Manipur and provided last-mile health assessments to over 3,000 farmers and their families.
In collaboration with the Agri Entrepreneur Growth Foundation, Maolkeki Foundation recently launched an Agri Entrepreneur Program to connect Agri Entrepreneurs to smallholder farmers across Manipur. In early 2023, the Foundation successfully completed a detailed study of the mushroom value chain (VC) in Manipur with concise recommendations to professionalize the crop.
This study was released by the Chief Secretary of Manipur at a key function in February 2023.
Last year, MaolKeki Foundation was also expected to conduct a state-wide NABARD-funded VC study to identify one or two key crops per district and propose a plan for each district to develop the VC. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, the study could not be initiated. With the lowering of Covid-19 cases in the state and the overall improvement of the situation, MKF is gearing up to launch it, albeit
with more focus by targeting eight districts.
The study will cover one primary crop and a potential secondary crop in each district, conduct an extensive VC study of the identified crop(s), assess the impact of Covid-19 and make recommendations for improving the VC, increasing resilience post- Covid-19, and propose potential investment options for public and private institutions in the state.
For implementing the above-mentioned study, MaolKeki Foundation is looking to recruit eight (8) Junior Associates, one per district. These individuals will be led by a Study Coordinator and supported by a Technical Advisor and an Agricultural Data Specialist. The desired skills and experiences have been described in the following Role Profile.
Job Titles: Junior Associates
Location: One per district in Bishnupur, Churachandpur, Imphal East, Imphal West, Senapati, Tamenglong, Ukhrul, and Kakching.
Contract: The contract will be for a duration of five (5) months.
Compensation: Base salary with insurance allowance, mobile data package, and Travel & Expenses (pre-approved) will be covered. (Rs.8000+TE+Telephone Allowance)
Description of role:
1. The Junior Associate must work closely with the Foundation to align on the study needs and carry out field data collection as defined by the study
2. She/ He must be adept at using smartphone apps as data will be collected on a mobile app with GPS tags to ensure transparency and diligent data collection
1. Undergraduate degree, knowledge in Agriculture or Horticulture preferred
2. She/ He should be willing to travel 50km a day to engage with farmers, traders, processors, consumers by local conveyance
3. The person must be self-motivated and willing to work in a developing, unstructured, environment with a problem-solving attitude
4. Good relationship and communication skills
5. This project demands fluency in the prevalent language(s) in the district with good Manipuri as lingua franca or English a must
6. Basic Computer skills are necessary to communicate and enter data
Interested candidates may send their CV to [email protected] with the subject as Junior Associate VC Study by 25th March 2023.