Indian Forest Service Examination 2023:
The Union Public Service Commission has release a notification for selection of Indian Forest Service through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2023. Candidate desirous of applying for Indian Forest Services Examination as well as for Civil Services Examination can apply through a common online application from subject to meeting the requisite eligibility criteria by therm.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS :
- NATIONALITY : A candidate must be either :- (a) A citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan, or (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
2. AGE LIMITS : Below 32 years on 1st August, 2023, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1988 and not later than 1st August, 1999.
- Upto a maximum of five years for ST/SC candidates.
- upto a maximum of three years for OBC
- upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled.
- upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen.
- up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities viz. (a) low vision; (b) Partially deaf; (c) locomotor disability (Sub-category : leprosy cured and acid attack victims only).
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS :
Every candidate appearing at the Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six attempts at the examination. Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates who are otherwise eligible.
HOW TO APPLY :
Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination which will act as a screening mechanism for selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination.
Candidates, who will qualify for the Indian Forest Service Examination (Main), will have to fill in a Detailed Application Form subsequently as per further instructions to be provided to the candidates through the website (https://www.upsc.gov.in/) of the Commission.
APPLICATION FEE :
Candidates applying (excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit card.
|Last date for online application||03-03-2020 till 18.00 hrs|
|Last date for payment of fee(Pay in Slip)||02-03-2020|
|Last date for payment of fee(online)||03-03-2020 till 18.00 hrs|
|Date of withdrawing of online application||12-03-2020 to 18-03-2020|
|Date of Preliminary exam||31-05-2020|
|Date of Mains Exam||July/August 2023|
|For Official Notification||CLICK HERE|
|To Apply Online||CLICK HERE|